Sunday, November 30, 2014

Nov. 17, 2014

HELLO HAM FAM!!

This week was good. We are working with about 8 less active families. Some are almost compeltly reactivated. The joy of helping someone reactivate is jsut as sweet as someone being baptized. 
this week i went on my first exchange. her name is sister flint. she is a wonderful missionary. We went to Nizao, a litttle pueblo about 40 mins away from Bani. There were so many good people that we taught and such an excitement from the memebrs there. We had an infestation of kookarachas....grossss, we killed like 10. 
my companion has felt sick the past week and it turns out that she probably has stomach ulcers. shes in a lot of pain. we will start her on meds today, but i dont know how often we will be leaving the house. please pray for her and i. I have found my patience has been tested in so many ways on the mission. this is one of them. ha
but nada, the mission is so very wonderful and I am so amazed at the incredible expereicne I am experiencing as a missionry of jesus christ. I am overwhekmed at the beauty of the plan of salvation and his Gospel. today I had the opportunity to share my gospel with a priest at the supermarket. he was very well versed and knew his bible. I pulled out the book of mormon and told him that he would better understand gods plan regarding the fall of adam and eve if hed read a few scriptures. he stopped and said senorita, nooo, noo, nooooo , let me help YOU understand better. He talked for a good 40 mins to me about all kinds of stuff. He told me that if i were preaching the Gospel i better know more profoundly and know the doctrine clearly. I told him i would not deny or doubt my faith and the things i KNOW to be true. we left on a friendly terms. there are so many people that are convinced they have the complete truth. some simply will not come to know the truth by being contacted by called apart missioanries of God. that is why YOU all are so important. BE a friend, share your testimony, and most important, be an example of what you know to be true. It could spark a curiosity to know a little more about why we are so happy and have a light different than the worlds. I love you all and pray you all keep holding strong to the faith and sharing it!!
have a wonferful week!
hermana hamblin!

...ps....
i received my flight itenrary home..
the 28th of january i will arrive at phx at 11 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment