Friday, March 11, 2011

Moment of BRILLIANCE

The other day I was in math. I'm a shy person. I don't do well with starting a conversation let alone keeping one up. I sit by this young man that seems to have a shy sense to him as well. I learned that he had lived in Italy for the past two years and knew Italian. I got super excited! You see, my seminary teacher had served in Italy and had so kindly taught us an Italian phrase. I knew Italian! I had practiced this phrase and had it down. I was feeling bold....and feeling that I could show off a little bit of my "talent" I basically shouted; hand gestures and all . . . . the PHRASE. He got suddenly red...his eyes were big as he covered his mouth and just sat there with the look of (Wow.... that was really embarrassing. Please don't say anything else.) He never told me exactly what I said. I don't even know this guy.


Well shoot.



1 comment:

  1. ha ha! you should've seen his face! he turned red too! poor guy! he just gets home from his mission- and the first person who speaks italian to him is cussin'!

    ReplyDelete